Monday, April 30, 2012

Jersey

Yesterday, the boys and I took a day trip out my cousin Krystal's house to see her and her boys! We haven't seen the boys since Noah's first birthday and I haven't seen Krystal since I think Halloween. So this was a much needed trip. I love family and I think its important that my children are as close to their cousins like I was growing up.
Mason taking a nap...isn't he adorable

When we got to their home, we were welcome with hellos and "Hi Juju" from Krystal's boys. One of the reasons why I love visiting Krystal is because it reminds me so much of me growing up. Big family, big doggies and so much love for each other with the right amount of craziness. Her place always feels cozy, a place that is actually lived in, a place where i can put my kids down and not have to worry about my boys grabbing something and breaking it. Her walls are filled with pictures of her family and her kids art work. She is such a proud momma and you could feel it being at her home.
my cutie Noah 
 Aunt Autumn and Jude

Another reason why I love visiting them is after saying hellos, we pick up like we saw each other yesterday. I think that's mostly help from facebook but I am thankful for it. It really helps to keep families in touch and see what everyone is up too. Even though we went to Krystal and Christian's house we still get to see everyone! Aunt Autumn, Aunt Kasie, Christina and Jimmy its like a huge family reunion and everyone is excited to see each other.
 why so serious Noah Bear!

oh my gosh Krystal's boys are growing up so fast. I remember when they were little babies and now they are like little men and maturing, especially Peyton. Peyton and Jude were little buddies yesterday. He made sure that he included Jude in everything. He was giving Jude hugs and asking Jude what he wanted to do and just paying extra attention to him. I don't know if Krystal told her boys about Jude having down syndrome (and I'm totally okay if she did) or if Peyton just knows that Jude is a little different but her boys really do not treat him any different from their brothers or their other cousins. Peyton has such a big heart and he is growing up to be a wonderful little person.
 cousin time watching a Bug's Life
Peyton relaxing
 Peyton holding Noah's hand
 Noah Feed the dog french fries
 Everyone was singing Skinnamarink-e-dinky dink

Most of the day we had spent inside of Krystal's, the boys watched movies and played together and Krystal, Aunt Autumn and I caught up. Krystal is one of those family members where i can really open up and tell her how I feel about certain things. She also had her babies at a young age and she understands where I am coming from and she doesn't judge me. Krystal also has a huge heart and a soft spot for kids. and when we are together I love how she shows off my kids to other people, like she is their momma and she is proud of them. She showed Christina and Jimmy how Jude can sing Skinnamarink-e-dinky dink and the wheels on the bus and that he could do the hand movements. It was a great feeling seeing my baby showing off his moves and smiling and hearing our family sing along with him. It made him feel so important and special.
 Jude and Peyton
Christina and Jimmy came to visit too
Everyone walking to go get ice cream 
 Best buds for the day
 Mason eating and Iron Man ice pop
Hunter is such a cutie 
Peyton eating his ice cream

In all we had a great day spending time with our cousins. I wish that they lived closer to us so the boys could spend more time together. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing, supportive family. I hope that Jude, Noah, Peyton, Mason and Hunter grow up to be best friends and will be there to support each other. I love those boys so much and I cannot wait until we get to see you again!

"Cousins are those childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment